Space is limited! Register here!
The goal of this training is to help you delve deeper into your own practice while helping you learn how to teach dynamic vinyasa yoga. We will give you the tools to be a very successful teacher and in the process, gain a broad understanding of yoga. Most other trainings emphasize book learning, lecture, and provide few, if any, opportunities to master the art of the actual teaching of yoga. This experience will be different. In short, you will be learning yoga by actually teaching yoga.
5 Reasons to Experience Yoga Teacher Training at Waltham Yoga
- Learn in a small group environment with more personalized attention.
- Find more confidence in your yoga and yourself
- Hands-on curriculum to give you a more thorough understanding of postures, alignment and anatomy
- Dive deeper into your personal practice
- Have the opportunity to teach at our studio through community classes
We will cover yoga philosophy, anatomy, assisting, and all the requirements for your 200 hour certification/registration with Yoga Alliance.
- 20 to 30 live practice teaching opportunities with feedback.
- Assisting opportunities with feedback
- Focus on calling the sequence effectively with minimum words.
- Focus on calling breath with motion.
- Mastering Presence/Public Speaking
In this Context, Mastering Presence means seeing your students in the present. It is really the practice of distinguishing what is real now and realizing that everything else is irrelevant. This discipline will teach you how to connect with your students, Your students trust and want to follow your direction. Your teachiing becomes remarkable, easy and fun when your shift fully to these practices.
- Learning to teach from love and laugh away fear. This single practice trumps all others.
- Learning to call the class from what you see, not from what you know. Don’t be a robot!
- Learning to see how you break your connection to the class.
- Learning how to reclaim your connection and instantly recover from mistakes.
- Learning to see the anatomy (and alignment) in each student, plus when and how to address it.
- Learning strategies to teach a mixed class of beginners and experienced students
- Learning how to plan a class and know when to deviate from it….
This discipline focuses you on your students as they are now. It grounds you in the present like the breath in meditation
Intuition is beyond presence. It means letting the teaching flow through you. It means being fully authentic as a teacher. It happens when time seems to fly by (actually you step of of time); when there is an ease and a flow to what you are doing, when the exact words come to you precisely when needed, not a moment before and not a moment after; when afterwards you feel energized.
- Intuition is blocked the instant doubt appears and is taken seriously; literally, fear pulls you out of it. Your class seems to drag on, you may feel bored or anxious, the class seems to be a lot of work and it leaves you exhausted. But you cannot force intuition happen. But you can be aware of fear and doubt and learn how to avoid them.
- As you clear away fear, you ultimately experience intuition in real time.
The demand for well trained certified yoga teachers has grown exponentially and continues to grow! The Certified Yoga Teacher program follows the guidelines established by Yoga Alliance for 200 hour certification.
Space is limited! Start your journey here!